Meeting You Where You Are
To Get You What You Need

There Is More Than One Way To Obtain Your Green Card

You may have already heard about the many ways an immigrant can live and work in the U.S., but you may not be so sure about which road you should choose. Speaking with an experienced immigration attorney can give you the clarity you seek for obtaining a permanent resident card or “green card.” At the law office of La Rosa Law, P.A., attorney Jesus La Rosa can help you understand the process and guide you every step of the way. Call his office in Miami at (305) 908-3857 for a consultation to learn more.

Your Family Member Or Employer Can File Petition On Your Behalf

If you qualify for a green card, there is a lot of paperwork to complete. Your family member or employer will have to agree to sponsor you. You may qualify for a permanent resident card if your immediate family member is a U.S. citizen and files a petition, also known as the visa petition or I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, for your green card. An immediate family member includes your:

  • Spouse
  • Parent
  • Stepparent
  • Fiancé

Generally, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) prioritizes green cards for spouses, fiancé(e)s and adopted children. You may also file this petition if you are a widow/widower or a victim of a battery or cruelty in your marriage.

Your employer may file a visa petition for you if you are a:

  • Skilled professional in the arts, sciences, education, athletics or business
  • Professor or researcher
  • Physician willing to practice in an underserved area
  • Multinational executive
  • Labor worker
  • Immigrant investor in a new commercial enterprise
  • Religious worker

Skilled and unskilled workers may qualify for a range of visas. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you map out the best path for your circumstances.

Securing Permanent Residence Through Other Statuses

The USCIS grants green cards for other statuses such as refugee or asylee status, human trafficking and crime victim status, a victim of abuse status, including a special immigrant juvenile who is a victim of abuse or neglect. Green cards are also available to those from certain foreign countries. For example, if you are a Cuban native or citizen or the spouse or child of a Cuban citizen and have been living in the U.S. for at least one year, you may be eligible for a green card under the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 (CAA) for adjustment of status.

Contact La Rosa Law: Green Lights For Your Green Card

At La Rosa Law, attorney La Rosa believes it is his job to help you achieve your goal of living and working in Miami or Southern Florida. He draws from his personal experience as an immigrant who has successfully met his objectives. Call his office in Miami at (305) 908-3857 or send him an email for a consultation to learn how he can help you and your loved ones obtain your green card so you too can get your U.S. permanent resident card.