Meeting You Where You Are To Get You What You Need

Contact a Business Lawyer 

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is by having our business & immigration lawyer contact.

Call Us

Email Us

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Green Card?

The Green Card is Permanent Resident Status. It allows one to work in the United States with a valid Social Security number and can provide a Driver’s License.

What is Group 1: Family Sponsored?

Family members of United States citizens may receive legal permanent residence in the U.S. Those eligible are determined by a quota system, which ranks people in order of closest relation and significance to the U.S. based sponsor. 

What is Group II: Employment-Based?

This represents immigration based on employment in the United States. Those who are eligible for employment-based immigration must be sponsored by an employer and will bring academic or financial benefits to the U.S.

What does P.E.R.M. stand for?

P.E.R.M. Labor Certification stands for Program Electronic Review Management. This describes the method used to process labor certifications and is the first step to receive an employment-based visa.

What is a U.S. Visa?

A U.S. Visa is a document issued by the United States that says a person meets the requirements necessary to enter the country. There are two types of U.S. Visas, immigrant and non-immigrant. Receiving one of these visas does not always guarantee entry into the country and visas may be revoked at any time if certain rules or laws are not followed. 

What is a visitor B-1/B-2 for?

B-1 is a temporary visa for business, permits a visitor to negotiate contracts, seek investments or real estate, or consult with business partners of associates.

B-2 permits a visit for pleasure only.

What is Treat trader/treaty investor E-1/E-2?

More commonly referred to as E-1 or E-2. These Visas are available only to Nationals of those countries with whom U.S. has treaty of commerce or navigation.

E-1 allows the individual to carry on substantial trade principally between the U.S. and their foreign country.

E-2 allows one to direct the operations of a business in which he or she has an investment or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital

What is a temporary worker H-1-B?

A temporary worker visa for the international business person who is a prominent member of their profession and holds a minimum of bachelor’s degree.

La Rosa Law is a trusted Miami-based law firm that specializes in business law. Our experienced attorney is dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex U.S. legal system, providing personalized legal solutions that are tailored to their unique needs. We offer a range of services, from helping individuals start a company to litigations and disputes. With La Rosa Law on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that all your business legal matter is in good hands.